Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What kind of regulatory requirements are there for truck drivers?
1- Know the rules = Class A license.
2- Be healthy and pass a physical test.
3- Don't combine drugs & alcohol with this profession.
4- Know your vehicle; inspect and fix any problems before you drive.
5- Don't be workaholic, stay within required hours.
Q: What is the job outlook for professional truck drivers in the future?
Everything around you is transported by a truck and that will always be true.
Q: Is it true that it is necessary to have at least 1-2 years experience to be hired in the truck driving industry?
There are 3 kind of jobs in trucking:
Over the road (OTR): No experience required, after school companies will train for 25000 miles.
Regional: At least 1-2 years experience.
Local loads (LTL): Some companies require experience and others don’t , like hauling agricultural commodities.
Q: How long is the course?
160 Hours, covered in about six weeks, but if you are a slow learner and you need extra time that is not a problem. Our quality service is guaranteed, you don't pay anything extra, and you only pay once.
Q: How much do truck drivers earn?
It depends on where you work. Big cities and the Bay Area pay more than the Central Valley.
The pay can range hourly from $10-$30. Mileage pay can range from $0.25 to $0.48 per mile.
Pay by load - Hazardous Materials, Cars, Electronics, etc. pay more than Produce and Groceries, but Produce and Groceries are in high demand.
Q: Do you have payment plans available?
Yes, we have all kinds of options, just come to the office and we will give you all of the information.
Q: What organizations have accredited Green Valley Truck?
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education.

Cannot find answer to your question...

Did you know?
CVTA's Executive Director Mike O'Connell on the push to increase the number of truck drivers in the U.S.